Mushroom Tour day 2
We’re on the road, in the van. Not mush room in here. Only the second day and the heavy discussions have already kicked in. Here’s a small sample of the long winded pseudo intellectual topics of conversation:
- … if one is to breed… a creative solution is required
- Thatcher is dead – there is no such thing as Thatcher, only individuals discussing her legacy.
- The dismantlement of the welfare state and the revocal of the spirit of ‘45
- Theological arguments against the use of mystic discourse in public life
- Counterpoint in jazz is like the weather, we all talks about it and no one does anything
- Music as language, bebop as oratory, and the contentious analogy with stand up comedy
- Will we stop at Wagner’s home town?
- 16th century Italian renaissance musical cannon games
- Three part bebop hocketting
Upon arrival to Prague, Jiri Slavik Senior comments on Fred’s driving: ‘top performance’ he says whilst Fred rejoices in his two move reverse parking into a shoe box. After 11 hours of driving through Belgium, Germany and Czech, we are welcomed in an old Prague living room with deer stew, Demon beer, and Champions league game. Now the band is complete, and the tour can really begin